Sunday, February 16, 2014

DIY: Off Shoulder T-Shirt


Every once in a while I go wardrobe digging to see if I can find something old to turn it into something new.  I found this shirt in my hubby’s closet, the color combination & the stripes interested me so, I decided to use my magic wand turn this boyish t-shirt into girly top !!!
Lay the T-shirt on a flat surface, start by cutting the sleeves off, along the seam line.

Cut off the top portions of the shirt. Resize the width of the shirt if necessary. Mine was approx 3 inches loose, so I folded the shirt in half (to make sure both sides are cut evenly) and cut away 1 1/2 inches.

Place the front & back part of the shirt facing right sides together i.e wrong sides are on outside and sew along side seams (red line-pic below).

For the straps, cut two rectangles from the sleeves. Mine measured to 8 inches in length and 4 inches in height.  Attach rectangle straps to the arm hole of the shirt (as seen in pic above). Make sure to match up the stripes on the sleeves with the shirt stripes(Skip this step if the shirt is solid color). Sew along the Green line. And you are done, enjoy !

1 comment:

  1. Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog site? It is truly a great and useful piece of information.
    les chemises pour homme

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...